facebook instagram google plus pinterest

Monday, October 28, 2013

TurboFire and Shakeology - My 90 Day Challenge

Day 1: I cannot even tell you my excitement when I opened the mailbox today and my Beachbody boxes were in the mailbox a whole day early!  I have a few friends who are coaches and I have always wanted to do it, but in my head there was this or that holding me back until last week. My friend from college - who is an amazing success story and an incredible coach - posted that she was going to hold an internship for new coaches and I just put all excuses aside and jumped right in. I signed up to be a coach, and ordered my first challenge pack.

Why I started: For the past year my husband and I have been extremely fit. We belonged to a gym and went 5/7 days during the week. We went vegetarian for the health benefits. We didn't eat fast food. We were strict with our workout regimen and it showed.  Then the move happened. We moved out of town and had to leave our gym - I can't really say what happened next. I can give all the excuses in the book: we got busy, we moved too far, it's been too cold to work out outside... whatever. All I can say is that excuses suck. We even started going to eat at fast food again. BIG mistake. What took over a year to build, our health and fitness. we just threw away in about 2.5 months. Pants don't fit me, my bathing suit that I was so proud to be wearing at the beginning of the summer was embarrassing to even try to put on, when you are getting ready to go to a costume party and are frustrated with the world because your costume doesn't fit and you threw out your spanx 6 months ago - you know it is time for a change. So I changed. Just like that. You make a decision about your life and you do it. That is the only way. No more excuses. 



How I felt about Day 1:  Firestarter + Stretch 10 Oh MY GOSH! I think Chalene was trying to kill me. Literally. We moved another 1000 ft up in elevation when we moved to our new house outside of the Springs and my lungs could feel it. There is a lot of choreography and kicking and punching... I was lost a few times but kept just jumping around when I was. Doesn't matter as long as you're moving, you're burning. My arms were quivering and I didn't know if I was going to make it. But I did. We did. My husband is joining me on this challenge and I am so happy that he is. Brody was a little encouragement as well moving and punching and kicking along with us. (After the workout he thanked Chalene for being a "good girl and teaching us all the exercises" (then wondered why she didn't respond to him!) It was great. I was sweating, I was sore, I felt amazing. No More Excuses. 

Tomorrow we start adding Shakeology to our day and I can't wait for that either. So ready to take charge of my health and fitness again. This time there's no going back.

Oh and I am also a type 1 insulin dependent juvenile onset diabetic. I am on a pump. I cannot wait to help people with and without diabetes that think they can't do this! You totally can!



No comments:

Post a Comment

blogger template