facebook instagram google plus pinterest

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Day 3 - Should Have Listened to the Rules and Brody Gets In on the Action!

I needed this today. I got into a big fight with my sister last night, had a long tough day at work and I just needed to get home and workout. And YES... it helped!

I came home on lunch to make our shakes today, and got a second blender today as well, so I don't have to keep coming home (it would be nice to always visit my hubby at lunch...but work is 15 miles away from our house, so I need the option to make my shake at work.). 

Breakfast was our Turkey, Red Pepper, Onion, 1 egg 2 egg white omelet a person; 1 vegetarian sausage; a bowl of berries. Filling and tasty! 

So yesterday (Tuesday) we made the decision to switch our rest day from today to Thursday... and we both felt like that was a big mistake. Especially in our first week. We are so busy on Thursdays and with Halloween being a Thursday this year, we decided to just switch it. I don't recommend it. It was Firestarter again + stretch 10.  While I felt like I can definitely do the combinations easier... Mine and Corey's arms were like jelly during the punches. We both said "So that's why today is a rest day".  However overall once finished we both felt great and each of us are sore, muscles are tight, and both are feeling generally toned up - ONLY after 3 days!! We haven't worked out 3 days in a row since we left our beloved VillaSport.

On the topic of Villa (That was our gym.) - I complained the first two months that we lived in the new house about how much I missed it and loved it and needed to go back - financially it was not in the cards for us. Our homeowner assoc. fees were the same price and we just couldn't afford it. But... I LOVE not having to come home from work and get to the gym on time for a class- dropping Brody off at Villa Kids and running upstairs to make sure we got a spin bike. It was stressful. I love coming home, relaxing for a few, saying hi to my husband and Brody, and then firing up our DVD on our own time!
On a side note - Brody LOVES Turbofire as well! He does his best to keep up and cracks me up. I like his version of the stretch on the lower left corner!

Tonight's dinner was: Fresh Garden Salad with Kale;  whole wheat pasta; Basil Tomato Natural Organic  Sauce with green and red peppers, fresh tomatoes, mushrooms, and onions. Small but tasty serving size. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

blogger template