facebook instagram google plus pinterest

Monday, November 25, 2013

So, It Doesn't Get Easier - and One-Pot Lentil Chicken Recipe


First let me say that we took our family portraits yesterday for our Christmas cards and it was a beautiful snowy wintery day. We got lucky! 
Second - I am actually loving our pictures! Beachbody - specifically Turbofire and Shakeology have given me my confidence back and I like how I look. I am now down 12 lbs in 29 days. That is quite an accomplishment for me. Plus I am getting abs of steel! I love it. 

As for the "It doesn't get easier..."  I initially thought - It is a workout DVD, won't I get sick of it or plateau out on doing the same workouts over and over (well - we do a different combo of about 6 different workouts right now, there are 5 more to add to the mix over the next 60 days.) But no! As we learn the kickboxing moves and choreography it gets harder, because we can work harder! I still wake up every day sore. Which is perfect because I know my body is still changing and I love that. 

Now for the good stuff - I made this Clean Eating One Pot Lentils and Chicken for dinner last night and it was so good!

I made the recipe for 4 servings: 
4 thin Chicken Breasts
4 tsp of curry powder
3 cups of green lentils
2 tbsp olive oil
Salt /Pepper
2 tbsp minced garlic or 2 cloves of garlic minced
1 1/2cup Veggie Broth (low sodium, organic, and no msg)
Baby Bell Light Spreadable Swiss Cheese
INSTRUCTIONS:
  1. Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, heat oil on medium-high. Add chicken and cook, turning occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until lightly browned. Add curry powder and garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
  2. Add lentils to saucepan and stir to coat. Stir in broth and 3 1/2 cups cold water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, until lentils are tender and most liquid is absorbed, about 30 minutes. Divide evenly among serving bowls, season to taste with salt and pepper, and garnish each with baby bell and 2 tbsp cilantro(if wanted). (NOTE: if lentils are still hard after 30 minutes, add 1/2 cup more water and continue to cook until softened.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

blogger template